Side-by-side comparison of Photo Book styles
To create a Classic, Everyday, Custom Jacket, Custom Cover, Brag Book, or Signature Photo Book, follow the steps below.
NOTE: To create a photo book, you need to have Adobe Flash installed on your computer. If you don't have Flash installed, you'll be prompted to install it after you choose your cover and design theme.
- Follow Photo Books to begin.
- Click the icon for the size of photo book you'd like to create. You'll be taken to the product detail page, showing you an overview of that size photo book along with pricing and shipping information.
- Click the Create Now button.
- Select photos from your existing albums on the left.
Tip: To add photos not already in your Walgreens Photo account, click the blue Upload button at the top left.
- Click once to display all photos from an album. You can add photos from multiple albums if you wish.
- Click and drag each photo you'd like to use in your photo book to the Selected Photos pane on the right or click Add all to add the entire album.
Tip: To remove a photo from your selected photos, hover over the image thumbnail and click the trash can icon in the top left corner.
- Click the blue Next button when you've added all the photos you'd like to use.
- Choose a cover style for your photo book. Click the drop down menu next to the book size on the left and select the cover you'd like to use. Click Next to proceed.
- Choose a background theme for the pages of your photo book. You can narrow your choices by occasion using the drop down menu at the top left. Click Next to proceed.
- Place your photos and customize your photo book.
- Click and drag a photo thumbnail from the left to any spot in the book builder that says Drag photo here.
- Edit your photo layout:
- You can also click and drag a photo thumbnail from the left to anywhere else in the builder to add a "freestyle" image.
- To rearrange photos, click and drag a photo you've already placed into a different spot.
- To resize photos, click the image to select it, and then grab any marked corner to resize.
- To rotate photos, click the image to select it, then grab and drag the arrow icon at the top center left or right to rotate.
- To remove a photo from a page or placeholder in the book, click the image to bring up the editing menu and click the X icon. This will not delete the photo from your library on the left, so you can still use it on a different page if you want.
- Caption your photos (optional) by clicking the image to bring up the editor, then clicking the T icon to add a caption box. Click the caption box and select the T icon and begin typing. When your caption is complete, click Apply changes. If you leave a text box or a photo box blank, those spots will not print on your completed photo book. If you need to edit a text box once it has already been created, double click on the text box and the editing functions will appear.
- Move between pages by clicking the arrows on the left and right of the photo book image. Or use the "pages" drop down at the top toolbar to skip directly to a page.
- To change the layout or number of images on a page, click the Page Layouts tab on the left above your images. You can also change the page background by clicking Themes, or the book cover by clicking Covers.
- During the photo book creation process, click on the Embellishments tab on the left side of the page. Click and drag the image that you would like to add to your book. Once you see the green + sign, you can let go of your mouse to drop the image onto your book. NOTE: You cannot add embellishments to the cover of custom cover books. Things you can do with the image once you have added it to your page include:
- Rotate it.
- Move it.
- Make it bigger or smaller.
- Move it to the bottom or top of all the other images on the page.
- Remove it completely.
- Click Next to proceed.
Tip: You can click any stage of the numbered progress bar at the top of the book builder to return to that stage of the process. Don't worry - your changes will be saved from the later steps.
- Preview your photo book using the arrows to the left and right of the photo book image. When you're satisfied, click the blue Add to Cart button to add it to your shopping cart. Or, click Save to return to your book later.
- Your photo book is now in your shopping cart. Click Proceed to Checkout to finish and pay.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you started the process by creating a same day pick up book but decide you need to add additional pages, the system will not allow you to add more than 30 pages. In order to bypass this issue, you will need to follow the steps below. Please note that by following the steps below, the book will now be considered a mail order product. Any books over 30 pages, can only be submitted for mail delivery.
- Click on Covers on the left side of the page.
- Change the cover to a Matte Custom Photo Cover.
- Using the disk icon, save your project.
- Navigate back to the photo home page by clicking the Orange Camera Icon at the top left of the page.
- Click on Saved Projects.
- Hover over the book that you just saved and click Edit & Order. You will now have the option to add more than 30 pages to your book.
- Please note that your photo book will now open as a Lay Flat Photo Book. To change the book back to the original style, please click on Covers on the left side of the page. You can then change the book to a linen, leather, or custom cover book.